by Michael S. Kaplan, published on 2007/12/01 00:16 -05:00, original URI: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/michkap/archive/2007/11/30/6624125.aspx
There are times that a beta comes out that I can really get behind.
Like earlier today while I toiled away on my slides for that WEX presentation and then later helped my favorite pirate and strange Josh/Gretchen/Michael triangle member Gretchen Ledgard do some random gratis pimping on JobsBlog, and then a bunch of other meetings, I never got to look at email during the day....
But when I finally did get to look at email, and noticed that early while I was doing those last-minute slide revisions, Mike Hedley had pointed me at the Visual Studio International Pack 1.0 Beta1 release, by the Developer International group, which is available in five languages! Downloads here:
The overview of the project:
The Visual Studio International Pack contains a set of class libraries designed for .NET developers to create world-ready applications. The Visual Studio International Pack 1.0 release provides the following seven components to enhance the globalization features provided by .NET Framework.
- East Asia Numeric Formatting Library - Format numeric data into Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese and Korean capital style string.
- Japanese Kana Conversion Library - Convert one Kana character set to another character representation in Japanese.
- Japanese Text Alignment Library - Enable applications to render strings in Japanese-specific alignment style.
- Japanese Yomi Auto-Completion Library - Provide class library and TextBox control sample that support Japanese IME-aware auto-complete.
- Korean Auto Complete TextBox Control - Provide TextBox control that supports auto-complete and the Intellisense feature with Korean input.
- Simplified Chinese Pin-Yin Conversion Library - Retrieve Simplified Chinese characters' properties such as polyphone, homophone, Pinyin or number of strokes.
- Traditional Chinese to Simplified Chinese Conversion Library and Add-In Tool - Convert text in Traditional Chinese into Simplified Chinese or vice versa. This component also includes an add-in tool to the in VS IDE that can convert between Simplified and Traditional Chinese resource files.
I will probably be talking more about these features as I dig in here. But in any case this is definitely a beta I can get behind. :-)
And now I am on my way out the door, but I'll check later for comments and such....
This post brought to you by ㄓ (U+3113, aka BOPOMOFO LETTER ZH)
go to newer or older post, or back to index or month or day