Fixing the .NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1 SP install errors

by Michael S. Kaplan, published on 2005/07/24 17:48 -04:00, original URI: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/michkap/archive/2005/07/24/442773.aspx


Just days ago, one of the developers in Ireland contacted me. He was thinking we ought to have a KB article to cover the problem and someone from PSS is working on that. I did plan on posting about it, but I figured I would wait until the KB article was out....

And then just hours ago, I see that Aaron Stebner has posted about the problem and how to work around it.

Very cool. :-)

His post is entitled Error installing .NET Framework on Windows XP SP2 caused by language settings.

One note though -- it is not just the default system locale, a default user locale set to one of the new locales during setup can also wreak the same kind of havoc. It is one of those bugs that is quite easy to realize what is going on in retrospect, but no so easy to discern what is happening while you are unable to install the service packs....


no comments

go to newer or older post, or back to index or month or day