Will I C U at the IUC?
by Michael S. Kaplan, published on 2006/03/05 17:16 -05:00, original URI: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/michkap/archive/2006/03/05/544133.aspx
As I have mentioned before here, I will be speaking at the 29th Internationalization and Unicode Conference in San Fransisco and am heading out tomorrow.
Lots of the cool things that I talk about here and more will be coming up during the talks, and I assume in conversations I have with people while I am there.
If you are looking for either me or for one of the other [potentially much more] interesting Microsoft folks who are either presenting there or hanging out, here are the cool places to be that I know of:
- There will be a BoaF (birds of a feather) gathering entitled Design Principles for A Regional, Multilingual Keyboard, as discussed here, which I and at least one other Microsoft person I know of will be at;
- Microsoft will have a booth at the Exhibition (I have no idea why there is no text next to the MS logo here, but on the other hand who doesn't know what Microsoft is?), and I will be a booth bitch for a lot of the time, and other more useful MS people will be there at different times, too;
- Murray Sargent, Russ Rolfe, Marypat Meuli, Marin Millar, Michel Suignard, and li'l old moi are all giving presentations;
- Google is hosting a Welcome Reception on Monday evening from 6-7pm that will be in Sandpebble A, B & C, Lobby Level of the hotel the conference is at (Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport), and the invite was opened to all Unicode members and aficionados, even those who have not registered for the conference, and I will be there too (per Bob Jung of Google, you can send mail or ask at the conference registration desk for more info;
- I am sure I will be checking comments in the blog (especially to this post) often enough if you will be there and want to say hello or whatever;
I look forward to seeing people at the conference! :-)
# Michael S. Kaplan on 5 Mar 2006 5:23 PM:
If you are looking for me, my picture is of course on the top of the blog, and I will be the one riding around in the little blue scooter!
Please consider a donation
to keep this archive running, maintained and free of advertising.
Donate €20 or more to receive an offline copy of the whole archive including all images.
go to newer or older post, or back to index or month or day